Posted to rec.woodworking
LDosser LDosser is offline

Default Table Saw Switch Question/Problem?

wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:47:30 -0800, "Vic Baron"
wrote:

Doncha just love it when you find an easy solution??

Not always! What if it's an easy solution that takes hours and hours
and hours to find?

Here's my story:

I'm talking about the time that I was using a hole drill under my
desk. Couldn't see where exactly I was drilling, but it was aimed in
the right direction and it was turning.

3/4" side of particle board desk. What? Maybe five minutes max of
drilling?

After an hour the cordless battery died. Hit the drill with a
replacement and continued on. Went to a smaller hole drill, figured
the one I was using was too dull. Another hour wasted. Went to the
store and bought a new hole drill. Two more hours wasted with a whole
lot of cursing and swearing. Know I was hitting wood. It wasn't some
metal device in the way.

FINALLY after four hours of screwing around with this thing, I pulled
the drill out to realize what I'd been doing wrong all the time.

That damned cordless drill was in reverse. Kicked myself for two weeks
after that. Actually had a nightmare about it.

Demons come in all forms folks.

Done that one so many times, I now look at the switch as soon as I notice
the absence of shavings.