Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is an RCBO an adequate replacement for an isolator?

In article
,
Sidney Endon-Lee wrote:
Of course, I can put the same questions to the firm that put the flyer
through the letterboxes, but I'd prefer some independent opinion
first, if that's possible. Thanks!

17th edition CUs have a conventional 2 pole main isolator switch and two
RCDs feeding a busbar each. On those busbars you have a choice of using
MCBs or RCBOs.

As a general point I'd be wary of using a firm just on the basis of a
flier. Unless neighbours have already used them and can vouch for their
work.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW