Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Breaker Shutting off

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:03:16 -0500, "Mark" wrote:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 11/9/2009 7:08 PM RBM spake thus:

"Jack Valance" wrote in
message m...
In my kitchen ever few days the Clock and the microwave cuts off..
I go to the breaker box and the breaker for these has tripped.
Nothing else is going on in the house or added?
Think it is just that breaker need replacing or what???
What might be causing that 1 breaker to trip??
Thank ya
Usually breakers trip when things are being used. I would search
around to see if anything else is on that circuit, like a sump pump,
or outside outlets

Please don't post in HTML.

Thanks.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet

The clock and microwave both are 'load' on the circuit that could have an
issue that might cause the breaker to trip unexpectedly. I'd guess it is
probably the micro, but the clock is probably the easiest thing to eliminate
to see of the problem goes away. If it doesn't than it is likely the
microwave (assuming you are correct that these are the only 2 devices on the
circuit. Try unplugging it and see if the problem goes away. If it
still exists it is either something else on the line, or the line itself.

Nobody has said what brand and how old the breaker is. I'd replace it
FIRST.