Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Table Saw Switch Question/Problem?

Called Grizzly, waited a few seconds, spoke with some who spoke English,
well, who wasn't reading from a script... already a strange customer
service experience. :-)

I've heard that. They have a pretty good repuation.

He said the only way he knew that could happen is that it is wired
backwards: line/load reversed.

I've wired hundreds of switches and like I said, I'm anal, so I'd be
surprised if that's the case.... but I'm going to check. I will laugh.

Could well be if the switch is a relay switch and not purely
mechanical one.

Good luck.

Greg G.

Switch and wiring were fine, the mount wasn't.

The box I mounted it to had the switch laying back a little bit from the
faceplate, which wasn't allowing the ON button to travel all the way
back into the box to push the switch as far as it could go.

I sanded the plastic faceplate down about 1/8" and now it's fine.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--