Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Anyone give me a straight answer?

"RAM³" wrote in message
. 10...
"SteveB" wrote in
:

What is the payload for a 2006 Dodge 2500 short bed with Cummins
engine?

I've googled until I'm dizzy, and most links take me somewhere that
they want to sell you things, are full of popups, or you have to enter
personal information to continue.

I have gotten from 2150# to 2635#. I am talking about total cargo
carrying capacity. The load in the bed, a tank of gas, two
passengers, and some luggage.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can read GVWR, and all those numbers, but have yet
to deduce a firm CCC number.

Anyone know?

Steve

Weigh the truck with you, your passenger(s), a full fuel tank and nothing
in the bed.

Subtract that weight from 9900 lbs. and you'll get the total CCC of THAT
truck.

Be advised that you should not be surprised if the Rear GAWR is 10K lbs.
since both the 2500 and the 3500 SWR differ only in the number of spring
leaves.

BTW, my '03.5 HO-CTD long-bed AWD dually had a build weight of 7350 but
the scales usually show it at 8500+. 'Sa good thang it's got a 12K
GVWR...

When I was talking with the Home Depot geek who was loading the truck, we
were discussing payloads, GVWR's etc. He said that he thought the truck
would tow 9,000. I told him that the figure of 13,800 stuck in my mind. He
poo pooed the idea. Said a friend of his had a 1500 that was towing a
9,000# trailer "just fine". He said he couldn't imagine the 2500 would be
that much higher than the 1500. The manager called Dodge in Vegas, and they
came up with the 2150 number. I took 75% of that, and came up with 1600+.
So, we put 1800# of pavers in there, then on the way home, stopped and
bought another 240# of salt. It handled better than I thought, and the
overhead computer was reading 17.2 for mileage. We need to make about five
loads of these pavers from Vegas, as they are not available here locally. I
think I'll stick to 1800, or 80 pieces @ 22# ea.

I would just like to know the actual real figure.

I'll do the weight thing, though.

Steve