Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default Anyone give me a straight answer?

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:27:45 -0700, SteveB wrote:

What is the payload for a 2006 Dodge 2500 short bed with Cummins engine?

I've googled until I'm dizzy, and most links take me somewhere that they
want to sell you things, are full of popups, or you have to enter
personal information to continue.

I have gotten from 2150# to 2635#. I am talking about total cargo
carrying capacity. The load in the bed, a tank of gas, two passengers,
and some luggage.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can read GVWR, and all those numbers, but have yet
to deduce a firm CCC number.

Anyone know?

Steve

Which one do you want? The one in the owners manual? The "do not exceed
or warrantee is void? The "you can do this once in a while on smooth
roads if you drive slow"? The "this'll make it into a 50000 mile
truck"? The "this'll make it into a 10000 mile truck"?

To make the truck last as long as humanly possible, the CCC is you and a
tank of gas. To make it last for a reasonable time, at reasonable
speeds, on reasonable roads, depends entirely on your definition of
"reasonable".

--
www.wescottdesign.com

The owner's manual correctly stated that the payload was the amount the
truck would carry in the bed including the weight of the occupants, fuel,
baggage, etc. They nailed it. They just didn't use numbers.

Steve