Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default OT - Parcels

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:38:07 +0000, Alan wrote:

In message , Tim W
wrote
Graeme
wibbled on Tuesday 10 November 2009 20:51

The problem with other couriers is that (a) we're not allowed to do
anything that may be construed as working for the opposition and (b)
whoever signs for the parcel could leave themselves wide open, in the
event of any damage being discovered later.

Sounds like a case of competition being a bad thing. My life would
certainly be easier if I have the option for *everything* (OK, excepting
1 ton pallets) to be delivered by Royal Mail/Parcelforce. At least I'd
only have to go to one place to collect it - that often being more local
than the big courier depots. And I'd have the option for redelivery to a
local post office.

You've got to be joking. I live in a small village of around 200,000
people and the nearest Parcel Farce depot is 30 miles away.

The local post office is closed when I go to work and closed when I get
home.

Most things go Royal Mail rather than ParcelForce (if not delivered by
courier). The local delivery office ought to be a lot nearer. My town is
a lot smaller than that and the DO is about half a mile away.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org