Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Optimum Bench Dog Holes Placement?

wrote in news:3t0jf5h19dfkj1g61h21m65ucjpgjs3ktd@
4ax.com:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:41:01 +0000 (GMT), Stuart
wrote:

http://www.ptreeusa.com/ttrack_list.htm

I'd have an awful tough time forcing myself to cut a long dado in my
beautiful slab maple work bench. It will be tough enough as it is to
drill dog holes and you want me to cut dado tracks???

Maybe down the road when it's full of nicks and cuts and isn't so
pristine.

That's the exact reason I used plywood when I built my CMS stand. Part
of it is used as a bench top, and there's no regrets when I screw in to
it, bang on it, route things on it and make grooves and holes and the
like. When it gets bad enough, I'll just cut another piece and replace
it.

I only wish it was deeper so I could fit some T-track on it. Guess I'll
have to cut another piece to back it.

Puckdropper
--
signature.txt not found. Please enter signature manually.