Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: One Down

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 04:54:24 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I've been cleaning my plastic-lensed eyeglasses with my t-shirt every
hour for 40 years now and I've never had much scratching. After 2
years, it's visible when you look for it, but not when you look through
them. Occasional buffing with RainX helps. I haven't tried the swirl
remover Maguire puts out, but I'll bet it'd work, too. Give it a try.

I've been breathing on mine and wiping them with a Kleenex for about the
same number of years. If I don't get the scratch resistant coating they
do scratch, but still last for 2-4 years. If I do get the coating, the
frames usually wear out before the lenses.