Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Anyone give me a straight answer?

"SteveB" wrote in message
What is the payload for a 2006 Dodge 2500 short bed with Cummins engine?

I've googled until I'm dizzy, and most links take me somewhere that they
want to sell you things, are full of popups, or you have to enter personal
information to continue.

I have gotten from 2150# to 2635#. I am talking about total cargo

carrying
capacity. The load in the bed, a tank of gas, two passengers, and some
luggage.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can read GVWR, and all those numbers, but have yet to
deduce a firm CCC number.

Anyone know?

Steve

Your unladen weight should be on the registration. Subtract this from the
weight of the passengers and fuel and what you have left is the maximum
cargo weight.

In general terms a 3/4 ton truck can haul in its bed 1,500 lbs of cargo with
full fuel and passengers.

If you go to the Dodge dealer you can ask them for a towing and loading
guide.

--
Roger Shoaf