Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Business as usual

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Buerste" wrote in message

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:51:11 -0500, "Buerste"

s.net...

"Buerste" wrote in message
snip----

Why do pension plans deserve unearned money?

Change that to why does *ANYONE* deserve unearned money and you'll be
on
the right track.

Harold

Indeed! I don't think that is taught in school anymore. In fact, I
think
the opposite is taught.

Neither is taught in school. Values are learned from parents by
example. It's much easier to assign blame than to act responsibly and
the results are now coming back to bite.

Greed has become a respected value. There's nothing new about greed,
it's just become more democratic. But greed needs a body of ****ees
so a body of greedy *******s needs a larger body of ****ees.

Now our leadership in Washington encourages us all to be greedy
*******s, it's a democracy after all. The third world is rapidly
catching up economically and technologically so the body of ****ees
will be our children and grandchildren.

Human nature tempered by learned value system? What I never understood
is how one can be happy with or even tolerate unearned wealth.

You mean, like money inherited from daddy? So you're in favor of the
"death tax," then?

--
Ed Huntress

Another of your famous assumptions?

It's not an assumption. It's a logical conclusion, and a question.

Yep, bring on the death tax! My daddy left me $100k in phantom inventory
due to his dementia. I still took him and paraplegic step-mom out of a
nursing home after broken hip on one and failed spinal surgery on the
other and cared for them for over 10 years after all their assets were
gone for med care. Including the sale of his 25% stock to me. Ever
change your parents' diapers for ten years Ed?

Something tells me you've gotten off the subject. Are you, or are you not,
in favor of taxing inheritances of wealth?

Ever pay for their meds long after their SS check was gone Ed?

Lots, before Medicare Part D came along. And then I paid for Medicare Part
D. And I paid over $12,000 out of my pocket for the nursing home. And I paid
many thousands more out of my pocket for her funeral.

Ever watch them die slowly for ten years Ed?

About five years for my mother, who passed away two months ago.

Ever grind up food in a blender three times a day Ed?

'Cooked two meals a day for my mother for over a year. She didn't need the
blender.

Ever burry them out of your pocket Ed? Listen closely Ed...GO ****
YOURSELF WITH BROKEN GLASS DIPPED IN GASOLINE!!!

I'm asking you about whether you favor the death tax. What does that have to
do with your parents?

A CURSE UPON YOU!!! OBTW, I hoped you enjoyed the free box of brushes I
sent to you.

I don't know. As I said to you when you asked me by e-mail, the only one I
asked about, and which you generously offered to send me (and which I told
you I wanted to pay for), wasn't included among the ones you sent. I bought
one at Sears, though, and it did the job OK. But thanks for the thought.

I believe you made an enemy today, too bad for you, that was hard to do
but you succeded. Congratulations!

Tom, you have taken a simple question about taxing inheritances and turned
it into a rant about how you had to care for your parents. I think that was
an admirable thing to do -- I went through some of that with my mother --
but it has nothing to do with the question I asked.

So, suit yourself. I've about had it with the emotional responses, anyway.

--
Ed Huntress