Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: One Down

wrote:

My around-the-house pair is scratched because I keep dropping them.
My work pair is pretty good because they generally stay on my nose.

You could string them around your neck, like library matrons.

A better solution might be contacts. I wear ONE contact (+2.5). I can read
or work the computer (with one eye) and drive with two eyes. The single
contact doesn't interfere with distance depth perception, although depth
perception up close does suffer slightly.

I use AccuVue continuous wear lenses. Six cost about ~$30 at Sam's or Costco
and each one lasts about a month. It therefore costs about $60/year not to
have to fuss with glasses.

I guess you could experiment by breaking out one of the lenses on your
existing glasses and wearing the result for a few hours to get used to the
difference.