Woodman

Default TS Splitter Question

You would want one slightly thinner, else it could be a real pain in the
rear end to align it exactly with your saw blade.

"James Cubby Culbertson" wrote in message
om...
Hiya All,
Just finished cutting about 200 strips of cherry and maple on the TS.
I was having trouble with burning on the cherry at first and
discovered that my splitter (stock model that came with my Jet
Contractor's saw) was pinching the board at the very back, causing the
board to be forced into the sawblade. Quickly corrected that and the
rest went fine.

It got me thinking that maybe I should look into an aftermarket
splitter. The JET one is pretty flimsy and I'm always having to mess
with adjustments. So I looked up the kerf of my blade and it's
0.134". I assume I should get a splitter with those same dimensions
right? Obviously, any larger wouldn't work but what about thinner? I
worry that thinner would allow the board to pinch a little and
possibly cause kickback. What's the "acceptable" tolerances of a
splitter? Any recommendations for an aftermarket splitter?

thanks very much.
cc