Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default Business as usual

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:51:11 -0500, "Buerste"

et...

"Buerste" wrote in message
snip----

Why do pension plans deserve unearned money?

Change that to why does *ANYONE* deserve unearned money and you'll be on
the right track.

Harold

Indeed! I don't think that is taught in school anymore. In fact, I think
the opposite is taught.

Neither is taught in school. Values are learned from parents by
example. It's much easier to assign blame than to act responsibly and
the results are now coming back to bite.

Greed has become a respected value. There's nothing new about greed,
it's just become more democratic. But greed needs a body of ****ees
so a body of greedy *******s needs a larger body of ****ees.

That condition manifests itself well in the construction trades. Not that
they are an isolated case, but it's the case that has been a constant thorn
in my side. Hiring workmen that have little, if any, talent, and can't
discern quality from out and out crap------that have the innate ability to
rush through a job, doing it as poorly as may be possible, grabbing the
(unearned) money and running. It is the prime reason I am building my own
house, without outside assistance.

The bar has been lowered so far that what used to be considered
unacceptable, today, has become not only acceptable, but a badge of honor.
It's as if they are ashamed to do a good job, not that they'd know one if it
presented itself. We see it in all walks of life. It's far more
important to make unreasonable money than to do a job well. Frankly, it
all reminds me all too much of my brother, who has no problems with screwing
over anyone and everyone in his path. From my observations, I get the idea
that, regardless of how bad his actions may be for others, so long as it's
beneficial for him, it's not only acceptable, but desirable. No damned
wonder I don't have a speaking relationship with him.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. We have tolerated this bull****
since the 60's. We've made "hero's" of scum that doesn't deserve to live,
often because they can gyrate on a stage and make noise that they like to
claim is "music". Mozart would be appalled.

I'm not letting sports figures off the hook, either. Demanding salaries
that even top scientists and doctors can't earn----doing something that
isn't important in the scheme of things.

Harold