Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default wiring code ? for a detached garage

On 2009-11-09, dpb wrote:

Wayne, you obviously know Code particulars at least reasonably well,
what about the question of the mechanics of the penetration thru the
exterior walls? Does that have any specific provision?

I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think the National Electrical Code
would address that. If your building rots out, the NEC probably won't
care, as long as the cable isn't exposed to damage. :-) Maybe the
building code would address penetrations? Common sense says the
penetrations should be weather tight and properly flashed.

Cheers, Wayne