Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default More strange LCD distortion ...

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote:
Following on from my slightly OT post of a few weeks ago regarding the
'impossible' H linearity error that I saw on the Delta in-flight LCD
screen, tonight, I saw another. This time it was on an LCD screen at my
local bingo hall. I would guess that it's about a 22", standard 4:3
aspect ratio.

Imaginary ...

These are old unspent CRT nightmares from an age ago, Arfa, that you must
have been dreaming about with such realism whilst asleep. Except your mind
has updated the display technology to LCD.

Too much wine? Long flight? Exciting Bingo session?

Need to see a declaration that 'ye pinched yourself' while noticing the
effects.

;-)

--
Adrian C

Hi Adrian

Nope. Yes. Nope !

No wine on either the flight or at bingo, Yes, it was a long flight, but
that just gave me plenty of time to study the problem on that one (and reach
no conclusions). No - not a very exciting bingo session. I didn't even want
to go, but saying no to the missus when she's decided that is where we are
going - well, work out the consequences for yourself !

However, on a more serious note, the problem observed on this particular
monitor, was quite real. It is a ceiling suspended monitor, and definitely
LCD. For sure, it is being fed with an analogue signal, but so are the other
probably thirty similar monitors distributed throughout the club, and they
all carry the same content at the same time, as I think I said at the
beginning, and no other that I saw was exhibiting the same problem, which
pretty much eliminates the content of the feed. Even if it was a problem
with the signal, I can't for the life of me think what that problem could
be, to cause that symptom. And not any kind of sync issue that I can think
of either. The picture was perfectly stable in both the H and V directions.
Very odd ...

Arfa