Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default O/T: One Down

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

There are a lot of things we take for granted that aren't mentioned
in the Constitution, yet it might be awkward to do away with all of
them.

But it would be healthy to do so. And you're right - the sheeple have
been dulled and have themselves requested a form of government that
they "take for granted" so long as their own various oxen are not
gored. Then one day, when the economy is on the skids, unemployment
has skyrocketed, and the various government bodies broke, the sheeple
finally wake up in complete alarm only to demand more gasoline on
their foolish fi More government.

A reliable recognition sign for a certain sort of Usenet character is his
use of the word "sheeple." People who are convinced *they* are so much
better informed (and of course smarter) than pretty much everyone else are
usually neither.

Some of the folks who wrote the Constitution anticipated and even
recommended its occasional overhaul--why it's almost as if they knew that
circumstances they could not have foreseen would arise. And yet there are
those today who apparently would have been happier in the late 18th century,
if only there were a way to send them back.

And schools, police, and
fire departments are not funded by the national government, nor are
parks.

Say what?

Fire, police, etc. are ordinarily funded at the state/local/city
level.

Tell your local govt. you don't want them taking any more federal money for
things like education or law enforcement and see what their reaction is.

Considering that the power companies have displayed indifference to
protecting their systems from computer hackers (especially those
paid by foreign powers) I for one won't be surprised to see the
federal govt. take a more active interest in that industry.

That's hilarious.

No, it isn't. Given the opportunity to harden their system against such
threats the power companies have done almost nothing, and they are painfully
vulnerable to cyber attacks.

Let's do a simple examination of some facts -

That would be a refreshing change of pace for you. Alas, the spew that
followed had little to do with what I posted, and as always it is seen
through the lens of your "libertarian" paranoia. I don't know why you even
pretend you're answering what other people post, you're so much happier just
waving your placard and yelling your chant, and you hardly need to involve
other people to do that.