Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: One Down

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Try Wal-Mart for the exam.

They don't pass muster.

Have used the services of an opthamologist for many years and Wal-Mart
doesn't have any on staff.

At this point in my life don't plan on changing.

You were robbed. Give http://www.zennioptical.com a try. If they
don't
work for you you haven't spent much, if they do you end up with a
spare
pair. No trifocals though, bifocal or progressive. If you don't
have
prescription sunglasses it might be an excuse to pick up a pair.

Maybe so, but I fit the 20%, not the 80% of the market.

Have a very difficult face to fit and also require a large lens to
look right on my face.

As a result, wear RayBan type aviator frame which requires an oversize
blank.

Have worn a photo gray lens for year which negates the requirement for
sun glasses, but does require glass lens and Corning is the only game
in town.

Require frequent adjustment of frame, thus local support is required.

For those who fit the 80% market share, on line may be a good deal.

For those of us in the 20% market share, not so much.

Lew