Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default I need a bit of help...

Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey Richard,

I had a tiller extension that was adjustable. It was permanently
mounted atop the tiller just behind the hand "comfort zone" and when
not in use is lined aft and sits in a clip near the gudgeons. Similar
to:

http://www.pridemarine.com/index.cfm?category=10007|10169&product=4199048

If you were to find a way to clamp the "free end" of it to some point
roughly perpendicular to the tiller, like a gunwale or coaming. or
better yet to a cockpit seat, you would have what you want and a
useful gadget too. The "adjustable" part would allow clamping/holding
at any position you want within reason.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Brian,

You win the "most helpful" prize. It's probably just empty gum wrappers,
but it's free! and a prize!

So thanks many times.

The wind was 22 gusting 30+ this weekend.
Under reefed main and a scrap of jib I was still overpowered (solo -
more enough rail weight to keep her on her feet).

AND, the rope on the tiller slipped at just the wrong moment...
But nothing hurt but my pride (everybody else out then saw me looking
foolish)

I ordered the Sogeman Tiller Brake from Pride Marine (in Canada) today.