Phisherman

Default What kind of glue?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:39:03 GMT, "Bill Orr"
wrote:

Need a little advice if anyone can help..

I'm building a walnut ornamental lock box for my pre-teeen niece. I want to
line it with felt but I'm not sure of the kind of glue I should use. I'll cut
the felt out in one piece so that it just folds in place for a perfect fit both
bottom and lid. I had thought ot using just plain old Elmers white glue but
I'm afraid it might bleed through. What do you think? If I accidentally got
some glue on the front of the felt, how do I get it off.?

Bill Orr

To remove the glue, use a 1:1 warm mix water:vinegar, blotting several
times using a cellulose sponge moistened (rung out) with the mixture.
To fix the felt to the wood, use a spray adhesive on the felt.
Contact adhesive will work too (applied to the wood), but can be
messier to use than the spray.