Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wiring code ? for a detached garage

On 11/9/2009 11:11 AM jamesgangnc spake thus:

But I've also installed an outdoor light fixture on the door of the
garage that opens on to the deck. And I extended the 3-way switches
out to a box just inside the door. I did this by running two pieces
of uf, 14/3 and 14/2 out to the garage inside the deck joists.

Don't know the answer to the question you asked here, but I wonder about
using UF as you did: is it OK to have it exposed like this? I thought it
was only supposed to be buried, as its name suggests.

Seems like conduit would be the way to go here.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet