Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default attach a coaxial cable jack

George wrote:
Tony wrote:
Jan Philips wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:22:45 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

If you go to radio shack, they should have screw on coax connectors.
You can probably get it to work with a pliers, but it may come apart

Thanks. When I was in the store I didn't see screw-on ones, but I'll
ask.

I think I found the screw on ones at Radio Shack. I've worked in the
electronics industry most of my life an I'm picky about things like
connectors. The screw on ones I got really work great!

By working great they certainly screw on well. but they aren't known for
longevity and performance. Even the cable TV companies who are well
known for "economy" work will not use twist on connectors.

I must have good luck with them, although I have never had satellite and
haven't had cable since.... 1984. Now it's an off air antenna with a
rotator.