Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Changing a Walker Turner saw from 220 to 120

sibosop wrote:
Thanks for that info. I was searching around for it. I'm out of my
denial phase...

How far a run you have to make? I'd suggest going w/ 10ga minimum even
thought 12 for 20A on 220V will be plenty; the extra size will cut the
voltage drop significantly if it's any distance to run at all.

And, the side benefit is that you'll have enough capacity down the road
if add dust collection to run 'em both simultaneously as just one
example of the extra load possible not thinking of at the moment.