Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which wall plug

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 9 Nov, 13:59, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

As above, but with Rawlplug 'Uno' plugs (brown). Brilliant things.

Agreed, those are really good. Don't spin in the holes when being
installed, expansion from the tip first, just where you need it.

Only risk I've had with these is that they're very soft polyethylene
(?) and there's some risk of pulling the screw from the plug. If
you're really loading the big ones I still prefer the pale grey
Fischer nylon plugs.

That might be something to do with the type of screw. I use SF Quicksilver,
but Ive noticed that SF Turbo Gold don't grip well in plugs - prolly cos the
cut into them too much.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk