Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andrew Rossmann Andrew Rossmann is offline

Default More strange LCD distortion ...

In article ,
says...
This one had a 'foldover' of about 1.5" at the top left corner. It
progressed across the screen getting less and less, until at the right hand
side, the top of the picture was absolutely normal. The 'foldover' was
extremely non linear. It looked to be very stretched, to the point where you
could see what you would describe as individual scanning or field flyback
lines - if it were a CRT display ...

I thought I was reasonably au fait with the way an LCD screen was driven
from its frame buffer, but I'll be buggered if I can see a way that data
could be read out erroneously, in such a way as to produce a badly stretched
tapering wedge of foldover, across the top of the screen. Anyone seen
anything like *this* one, or have any suggestions how it could occur ... ??

The screens are probably being fed an analog signal. Some noise or
electronics failure is causing it to improperly sync.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross