Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default O/T: One Down

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 05:16:00 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

I understand that the regular place might not be there later, but
they weren't there for me when I needed them anyway, so screw 'em.

I used to go to the same place for years and years. Every time I
replaced my glasses (about every two years), I'd see the price climb a
few notches. Though, "ok that's to be expected". Then I noticed that
as well as the prices increasing a little bit, the percentage of
increase was getting bigger too, so I started looking around at the
burgeoning proliferation of optometrists.

I'm now buying my glasses elsewhere for more than 50% less and they
come with satisfaction warranties. Replaced my most recent pair that
way. I'm seeing fine and starting a little more to shop around instead
of just going which where I've had the best service. Best service
shopping is great, but when it starts costing more than what I think
is fair, then it's time to amend my shopping methods.