Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Need Appliance suggestions

On Nov 8, 4:53*pm, "Bob-tx" wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
... Of the appliances I've repaired. Whirlpool tend to be
dependable, and inexpensive to repair. Generally Expensive,
I don't like those. I also avoid Kenmore. Their repairs are
expensive. They also like to push the MA (maintenance
agreement) which is a money maker for them.

How about an older GE, like I have. *We have had bad luck with GE
appliances, which is what we chose when we had the house built. *The
dishwasher went bad at nine years, the oven at ten, and now the cook
top.

From the sound of it, do you think ours is worth repairing.

Thanks, Bob

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Bob-tx" wrote in message
Need to replace the 14 year old GE electric stove top.
One burner
blew up - popped, and now the "Burner-on" light stays on
all the
time.

I'd appreciate some suggestions on brands and types.
*- Smooth top vs. elements showing
*- Better brands based on your experience.

Thanks, *Bob-tx- Hide quoted text -

Yes. BTW not sure if brand name means very much. Sometimes appliances
are manufactured in the same plant, with minor differences and
presence or absence of features. So it's quite possible that say, a
Kenmore was assembled right next to something marketed as a Whirlpool
etc. Or is in fact for that production year a re-badge of another
brand.