Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Default No sound output on abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio

Sofa Slug wrote:
Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
OK, I know this isn't a real PC group but generally the people here are
more knowledgeable. ;-)

I was given a PC with an abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio which works
in every respect expect there isn't any sound from any output. I'm
running
XP with SP3 and, yes, all the volume controls are all the way up, nothing
is muted, and the speakers work fine on the PC sitting right next to it.
I installed the latest audio drivers (though no others since everything
else works) from the abit Web site at:

http://tinyurl.com/9sqrfn

snipped

I know that logic dictates using the motherboard maker's website for
drivers, but I have found that a generic driver from the chip maker will
sometimes work when the OEM driver doesn't. It might be worth a try,
anyway: http://snipurl.com/realtek.hi-def. [realtek.com.tw]

Good Luck

I see that snipurl is blocking my link for some reason - here is the
direct link: http://www.realtek.com/downloads/