Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Bimetalic domes

Interesting , but no further forward. Looks as though these froststats will
remain froststats. Surprising ping and bounce as much as six inches on
change of state, the loud ping is somewhat damped when inside the casing.
Need freezer spray to change the state of these discs (hysteresis and all
that). When back to body temp I tried grinding a spot in the centre of the
concave side, no change in set temp. Tried 4 diametrical marks on the
concave side , no change in response. Tried deeper but small 8 cuts just on
the perphery, now no ping but slowly migrates from one state to the other ,
still requiring freezer spray. I wonder how they "weld" these 2 materials
together.