Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Camillus knife

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 11:38:03 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:11:59 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 13:42:28 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Rangers were "issued" this knife as were Green Beanies. Shrug..its a
decent enough folder. Not great, not bad.

Camillus made a ****load of different knives for the military. Most were
plain jane, but worked well enough.

Gunner

I like knives, and this one caught my eye. It's going in my kit on my
ATV.

Steve

Add a Leatherman or Gerber multitool and you will be good to go.

Gunner

Actually, I have an off brand one that comes in a snakeskin belt holder.
Seems like good metal, as it hasn't bent or broken anything yet. I like it
much better because it comes with those bits for different screws. I never
saw a Leatherman that had a straight screwdriver tip or a Phillips head that
wasn't trashed. This one, the bits pop in and out. I have given some to
friends, and they all love them. I did manage to save two for myself.

Steve

Steve

I very much prefer the Gerbers...shrug..but I had to toss in the
Leatherman wank for those that swear by them....G

Gunner

"IMHO, some people here give Jeff far more attention than he deserves,
but obviously craves. The most appropriate response, and perhaps the
cruelest, IMO, is to simply killfile and ignore him. An alternative, if
you must, would be to post the same standard reply to his every post,
listing the manifold reasons why he ought to be ignored. Just my $0.02
worth."

If you insist on having multi use tools, I would go with a good pocket
knife, a good pair of channel locks and a BFH
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada