Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default No sound output on abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio

Bob Larter writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
OK, I know this isn't a real PC group but generally the people here are
more knowledgeable. ;-)
I was given a PC with an abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio which
works
in every respect expect there isn't any sound from any output.

Check the MB jumpers around the audio chipset & audio I/O
sockets. Some motherboards use jumpers to switch audio between the
internal sockets, or external sockets. Try looking up the MB model
number on the manufacturers website, & hopefully you'll be able to
find a diagram showing where all the jumpers go, & what they're
for. You might even find a jumper than enable/disables the internal
sound chipset.

No jumpers that I could find even in the manual.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/