Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Optimum Bench Dog Holes Placement?

"Bill" wrote in message

Leon,

I have an outlet in the wall going to a splitter- cable_modem- router-
Network Interface (in computer) for
Internet. I also have my tv-card in my computer attached to the other
half of the splitter.

Do you know if there a way for me to download a whole show "instantly",
like you do, with this configuration?
What you describe reminds me of FTP.

Maybe. I am not a guru in this matter. I just recently was able to hook up
the DVR to the internet. It is a softare function of the DVR AND it is not
"instantly". It is a little slower than making a copy from a stand alone
DVD player to a stand alone DVD recorder. Basically it takes about 2.5
hours to record a 2 hour movie. An advantage is that if it is available you
can immediately down load it and begin watching after the progress bar
turns green from red for an uninterrupted view.

Now with that said there are many many internet sources available for free
that may have the TV show that you are looking for. Most of the major broad
cast station web sites allow you to down load their shows to your computer.

Also HULU.com is a site for free movies that you can download.

BTW, I've collected 2 books on SketchUp: "Google SketchUp" and "Google
SketchUp Cookbook" since you helped get
me up and running with that.

I'll look into those. I have only purchased Sketchup for Dummies and it is
a pretty good book but/and deals with the pro version. It is a good
reference book. I knew most of what is in it.
Yesterday I found a tutorial that shows how to animate components through
svenes and layers. Basically you start an animation and it goes through the
scenes one by one and shows a drawer opening and closing. It is cool but I
am not at all sure it would be of any value unless you were trying to sell
the project to a customer and you were not around to demo it yourself. He
would have open the fial with Sketchup or Sketchup Viewer and play the
animation himself.