Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default attach a coaxial cable jack

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:54:49 -0500, Jan Philips
wrote:

I need to attach one coaxial cable jack. I've never done it before
but I know the idea. I don't have a crimping tool. Can it be crimped
well enough with pliers instead of a proper crimping tool?

Just for the record, I gather from the thread that you're actually
going to put on a coaxial cable plug (not a jack), and connnect that
to a female-to-female (jack-to-jack) connector that is mounted in the
wall plate. So the end of it in the room is a jack.

And to avoid confusion down the road, these are also called
F-connectors.

And iirc I once tried pliers and it didnt' work well.

They also have screw-on F connectors, and for me they didnt' work too
well either, but maybe I didn't do something right.