Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Adding another coat of polyurethane to a nice hardwood floor

On Nov 8, 12:50*am, "joe" wrote:
I had my floors redone about 5 years ago. The floors look in above average
condition. I'd like to apply another coat. *There are a handful of areas I
need a little wood filler. Outside of adding some filler and sanding those
areas down, would there be anything else to do besides cleaning out dust and
adding another coat. Can an additional coat or two be applied to an entire
floor over the existing coats, or does the whole thing need to be sanded
down?

No, you can't just simply add another coat or 2, you have to sand it
down first, then sand between coats, otherwise the polyurethane will
not get absorbed by the wood and just sit there and form ripples or
puddles. Do it right, get a pro.