Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Distributing satellite TV around the house

Martin Pentreath wrote:
If I could come in late and ask a very basic question: I don't
understand much of this thread, but is the conclusion that at some
point in the medium-term but foreseeable future that co-axial
distribution systems will be no good and new cables will need to be
installed? I currently have a LOT of co-ax and cat 5e festooned around
the house. If the co-ax becomes no good for the telly due to
digitisation will the cat 5 be any use?

Probably. There is no reason for a satllite mux NOT to re-create a
digital MUX stream encoded on RF.

There is no reason for it not to be a streaming webs server running on
IP either.