Posted to alt.home.repair
Jan Philips Jan Philips is offline

Default attach a coaxial cable jack

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 22:35:57 -0500, aemeijers
wrote:

It is a good tool to have, along with a few spare connectors and
couplers, and some cable.

Well, I'm 55 and I've never needed one before.

Do you know where the other end of that cable behind the blank cover
plate is? Is it connected to anything? Odd to prewire, and not finish
out the cable connectors.

Yes, it goes up into the attic near the splitter. It has a connector
on that end (but isn't in the splitter). The person that built the
house was an electrical engineer, and he left the unused phone and
cable locations unconnected. He probably knew that he could put on a
connector and jack anytime he needed to. I hooked up all of the phone
jacks but I've never done a cable jack.
--
Replace you know what by j to email