Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default Laser printer gloat

D Yuniskis wrote:
I couldn't *kill* my LJii! I finally had to get rid of it as
the electric costs were ridiculous (though the toner carts
were awful cheap!)

The fuser eventually went out on my II, after many years. I got rid of
it and replaced it with a heavily (ab)used 4m, surplus from a college
computer lab. Used that for three or four years until the output
rollers got too warn and it started to jam; I could have fixed it, but
at that point I was sick of how slow it was, so I went to the local
computer recycler and bought a lightly used 2300n. These HP laser
printers are so cheap on the used market and hold up so well in home use.