Posted to rec.woodworking
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 1

wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 15:18:53 -0800, "Nonny"
wrote:

a corded one. It served the purpose I got it for well, but
after
I had an older DeWalt 18v repaired and got new XL batteries for
it, I gave the 36v one to my son, who can get more use out of
it.
FWIW, they really seem to have their act together, IMHO.

Be honest. The weight of the thing wore you down every time
didn't it?
I bought a DeWalt 18 volt tool package two years ago. My best
buddy is
always complaining about the weight of the drill. Considered
buying a
higher voltage package at the time, but decided it was overkill
for my
needs and am glad I didn't buy one. Even my arm gets tired after
time when using it and I pride myself on my arm strength.

The 18v is my default package. I have the 18v hammer drill,
sawzall, jigsaw, light and circular saw. IMHO, it's the best
non-corded universal combination of power, weight and utility.
The 36v incarnation wasn't that different in weight, since it was
LiOn rather than NiMH. What I wanted was one battery pack that
would service all my tools.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.