Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Li tool warning - a really long rant Part 1

Snipped for bandwidth.

I think there is a real issue with Li-ion batteries that are allowed
to be kept in the shop or truck/car...

Li-Ion can't handle being hot or cold. Battery failure.

Last Christmas (less than 12 months) I got a Li-ion ratchet (needed for speed in
the shop) and a 'triangular' palm screw driver. Both Skill.

The driver is on the top of my desk here in my office. It works today.
The ratchet - which I needed on my sheet metal shear crapped out before spring.

Martin

wrote:
OK - my favorite old drill cordless just died. I will give the old
girl a Viking's funeral one day. It was supposed to be a POS that
did just the dirty work, but wound up being so reliable it became my
"go to" drill. I bought it for a song, and it wound up lasting 7
years under constant use.

snip

Robert