Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default No sound output on abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote:
OK, I know this isn't a real PC group but generally the people here are
more knowledgeable. ;-)

I was given a PC with an abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio which works
in every respect expect there isn't any sound from any output. I'm running
XP with SP3 and, yes, all the volume controls are all the way up, nothing
is muted, and the speakers work fine on the PC sitting right next to it.
I installed the latest audio drivers (though no others since everything
else works) from the abit Web site at:

http://tinyurl.com/9sqrfn

The only anomoly is an unrecognized device in Device Manager, but it
isn't under Sound Devices. Of course with Windoze, anything is possible!

In device manager, expand the 'system devices' branch.

Is there an entry for 'Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio'?

BTW Sam, your sig separator is broken again :-(

Should be --{space}{newline}

--
Adrian C