Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] Samuel M. Goldwasser[_2_] is offline

Default No sound output on abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio

"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

"Samuel M. Goldwasser" wrote:

OK, I know this isn't a real PC group but generally the people here are
more knowledgeable. ;-)

I was given a PC with an abit IP35 Pro MB with Realtek Audio which works
in every respect expect there isn't any sound from any output. I'm running
XP with SP3 and, yes, all the volume controls are all the way up, nothing
is muted, and the speakers work fine on the PC sitting right next to it.
I installed the latest audio drivers (though no others since everything
else works) from the abit Web site at:

http://tinyurl.com/9sqrfn

The only anomoly is an unrecognized device in Device Manager, but it
isn't under Sound Devices. Of course with Windoze, anything is possible!

Google turns up a number of problems that sound (no pun...) similar.

There is one about XP SP3 causing a problem with the UAA (Universal
Audio Architecture?) but that seems to not recognize the audio hardware
at all. Here, everything is working but nothing coming out.

My fall back position is to buy a $7 sound card on eBay.

Any info appreciated!!

Have you checked the bios settings for the front panel audio?

If you need the motherboard manual:

http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/download/download_manual_detail.php?pFILE_TYPE=Manual&pMAIN _TYPE=Motherboard&pTITLE_ON_SCREEN=IP35+Pro&pSOCKE T_TYPE=LGA775

Richt click on one of the mirror sites and save the link. It took
several tries to get a clean copy, but I finally got it from their Aisa
mirror.

ip35-pro.zip is the file you will be saving. It contains ip35-pro.pdf

This is the one I got from one of their Web sites: ip35_ip35-e.zip .

The only audio jumpers/connector is for the FP audio. It has HD Audio
plugged in.

The BIOS has the audio enabled. I've tried both HD Audio and AC97.

Thanks for trying!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/