Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Cutting a melamine panel

"Nonny" wrote in message
news

"gcotterl" wrote in message
I have a melamine-on-tempered-hardboard panel which is stuck to
drywall with an adhesive.

A section of the panel has been torn off. How do I cut the ragged,
uneven edge of the section that is still on the wall so I can install
a new section without a noticeable gap? (I don't have a circular-saw
or a jigsaw)..

If your time is worth anything, consider buying a very inexpensive
circular saw with a good panel blade. It'll make short work of your
problem and if you're like most homeowner's, the saw will last you and be
available forever.

Woah! there..... I don't know where this little project is located but it
sounds like the OP is describing a situation that may involve a kitchen or
bathroom. Typically melamine on tempered hardboard is used in one of those
locations as it is pretty much water proof and cleans easily. If that is
indeed fact you don't want to have a home owner learning to use a circle saw
cutting into walls that might have gas lines, water lines or electrical
wires that may be damaged.