Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-45% tax rate on dividends in 2011

On Nov 7, 5:44*pm, TinLizziedl wrote:

And here's a comment from the article that I felt was appropriate to
include, since you posted only a portion of the full article:

James Samans replied

"Hmm. Let's see... assuming 3% inflation and a 5% pay increase per year,
meaning a real increase of 2%... yes, the average twentysomething now
making $50,000 per year will hit the $500,000 non-indexed cap in 127
years.

I guess the middle class should start sweating now."

Tin Lizzie
"Elephant: *A mouse built to government specifications."-Lazarus Long

I do not understand how James Samans calculated. When I do the math
it is only 48 years assuming a 5% pay raise every year. And if you
assume that inflation is running 5% and a real wage increase of 2% ,
then I calculate it as 34 years. So the 20 something is likely to
feel the effects well before he is eligible for Social Security.

Dan