Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default B&Q self checkout machines

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Clot wrote:
Dave wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:

Isn't it bl££dy awful that we have to think like this? Being a
somewhat older parent when my second child was in the primary school,
(in my 40s), I took the limited opportunities I had (due to work) to
either take him to school or collect him. The dubious looks I got
whilst waiting for him to leave from other parents at the school gate
were most off putting.

In my early 40's I helped to run a local youth club for 7 to 12 year
olds. We occassionally had a kid who fell over or became ill. To
take them home or to A&E we had to ensure one male & one female
assistant were present, which on occassion left the club very short
of staff.
We were all parents of kids at the school & all CRB checked, but the
hysteria involved meant we had to cover our backs.

Bloody awful as you say.

I have both the Hygiene and CRB sustifficates in order to run charitable
events in the locality that I've lived in close to 30 years.

Within the next couple of weeks I shall be ensuring that (as I have for
several years) Santa is available for the little folk. He must not have a
child on his knee, He shall not be available for little folk without an elf
outside the Grotto and must ensure that an adult is present in the Grotto
with the child.

Last year on one occasion, Santa was let down by his Elf and I have to
confess that for a very short period of time Santa was in the Grotto on his
own with a small child. Santa was not happy. To be frank, he was concerned
that one of the Elfin Group would be there to capitalise on the
opportunity.Not that Santa had any inclination abuse the child.

A couple of years ago, a policeman brought his children to the Grotto and
asked about me. I was happy to respond.