Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q self checkout machines

Clot wrote:
Dave wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:

After a few minutes a nurse comes out and says to Grandad. "Now
then Mr Jones there's nothing wrong with the baby. You've called an
ambulance already this week haven't you, why did you call the
ambulance today."

Grandad replies "The baby was quiet for a long time".

Poor grandad I say. Where were the ****ing parents one wonders?

First, g parents are taking on more of the burden of looking after g
children these days and second, speaking as a g parent of 2 girls,
you won't get me to panic over a situation.
If you have children of your own, you will have had times where when
they were just home from hospital, you wake up during the night and
listen for their breathing. I know I did. If I could hear it, I went
back to sleep.
Bringing up your own children teaches you what is serious and what is
not, if you are aware of symptoms of serious problems.

The only time I have been scared, was when our eldest g daughter
broke her thigh, at the top of the bone, by falling on a bucket rim
and social services started to sniff around for child abuse. I was
up and down the country many times during that period (we live 266
miles apart.)
Perhaps it was because of that and chatting to the nurses that they
backed away. (I had a contingency plan to hijack her if they had
started to move in.)

Isn't it bl££dy awful that we have to think like this? Being a
somewhat older parent when my second child was in the primary school,
(in my 40s), I took the limited opportunities I had (due to work) to
either take him to school or collect him. The dubious looks I got
whilst waiting for him to leave from other parents at the school gate
were most off putting.

In my early 40's I helped to run a local youth club for 7 to 12 year olds.
We occassionally had a kid who fell over or became ill. To take them home
or to A&E we had to ensure one male & one female assistant were present,
which on occassion left the club very short of staff.

We were all parents of kids at the school & all CRB checked, but the
hysteria involved meant we had to cover our backs.

Bloody awful as you say.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk