Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need Appliance suggestions

On Nov 7, 4:37*am, "Bob-tx" wrote:
Need to replace the 14 year old GE electric stove top. *One burner
blew up - popped, and now the "Burner-on" light stays on all the
time.

I'd appreciate some suggestions on brands and types.
*- Smooth top vs. elements showing
*- Better brands based on your experience.

Thanks, *Bob-tx

I would check out Consumer's Reports for reliability comments. We
have a smoothtop Kenmore free-standing 30" range and my wife loves it
for the extra space she has when not cooking. It is slower to heat/
cool than the gas we had in other houses, but the ease of cleaning
more than makes up for any inconveniences in cooking.