Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default New Stove and Dishwasher

"mcp6453" wrote in message
We're starting to update our kitchen, since it's over 20 years old. We're
going to start with a new electric stove and dishwasher. Lowes is having a
big sale this weekend. I'm going to install the stove, but I'm not
comfortable doing the dishwasher.

The in thing now is stainless steel. Please look in your crystal ball. How
long is SS going to be in style?

More importantly, any recommendations or warnings about which appliances
we should or should not buy?

We had the same question when we did a remodel/room addition a few years
ago. We decided to go with the old 'basic white' for our situation. The
home was built in the 1940s and while we've updated and modernized things,
we've tried to maintain the original style. Stainless seemed to go against
that trend, so we went with white. I've no regrets to this point. SS will
eventually go out of style just like the gold and green of the 1970s, and
the black of the 80s & 90s. But white has lived on throughout!