Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] upscale@teksavvy.com is offline

Default Optimum Bench Dog Holes Placement?

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 11:05:31 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

A tubafore tee (underneath on a car jack) prevents blowouts.

That's an idea that hadn't occurred to me. I was wondering how I'll
drill interior holes where even my largest clamps would reach to
position wood against blowout.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...25&cat=51&ap=1

Whatver for? (Sorry, Rob, but that thing's overpriced.) Get the
Wonder Pups if anything. (now cost twice what I paid for 'em!)

At approximate $35 each ca, they're only half the cost of the surface
vises and certainly not as much reach. I also like that fact that you
fasten your own block attachment to the end of the surface vices,
something you can't do with the wonder dogs. I guess combination of
both would fill most anyone's needs.