Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Optimum Bench Dog Holes Placement?

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 07:54:20 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

I'm about to drill bench dog holes in a slab maple bench 30" x 72". I
intend to place my 12" Record vise adjacent to the left front corner.

I'm wondering if anyone has determined optimum placement for dog holes
~ how many and where?

The WoodSmithShop just built a bench.

They ran then on 6" centers.

YMMV

Are you talking about the one with 2x fir legs and a MDF top? That is the
one I am thinking of building. Cheap!

Good luck running with dogs in a termite barf top, Leon.

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."