Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default I ordered mine!

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 11:49:41 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Ouchouchouchouchouch.

No ouches.

Crapsman wobble dado = ouch #1, and that's a biggie.

In retrospect, both efforts seem worthwhile - and both
programs nibbled at the edges of how something might be "known". The
first program dealt with knowledge and context in a "static" sense, and
the second dealt with some of the "dynamics" of knowing. I had planned
to write a third program to explore the interrelatedness of knowledge,
but ran out of time (I guesstimated that the third program would take
more than fifteen years to get right).

And if you don't think that constitutes an ouch, you're freakin'
nerveless!

Whether any of that was worthwhile for its own sake is uncertain - but
I'm quite sure that the effort added up to good learning experience.

In this case, it soitenly reflects the saying "Experience is what you
get when you didn't get what you wanted."

--
"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of
ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."